-Checks are to be made out to Sylvan Way Baptist Church or (SWBC).
-Checks can be placed loose in the offering plate/bag or the ‘giving’ slot.
-Giving envelopes make it easier to split up your contributions and offerings.
-If you are writing a check to help support a specific person (i.e. a Missionary) DO NOT write their name on the face of your check, if a person’s name appears on the check your donation will not be tax deductible if you should get audited.
-You may drop cash loose into the offering plate/bag or giving slot
(you will not receive a giving statement for tax purposes this way)
-You may request giving envelopes to place your cash in
(see question below regarding giving envelopes)
- Check with your Financial Institution on how to set up Bill-Pay
- Giving to SWBC can be done the same way you pay your bills
- If you are giving to support a specific Missionary etc. Their name cannot be put anywhere on your Bill Pay (your bank actually sends the church a check ) if the name of a person appears on that check your donation will not be tax deductible if you should get audited
- To give to specific Missionaries etc. use the numeric code on the link addressing other ministries and funds
- If possible, use your giving number as part of the account name (if you do not know your giving number contact the Church office)
- Giving envelopes may be requested by marking your opportunity slip
- They will be available the following Sunday at the info booth or info table
- Giving envelopes allow you to split your contributions and offerings into more than one Ministry or Missionary
- To fill out a giving envelope:
Write the date
Write the amount you want for each category
+Ongoing Ministries & Missions go to the General Fund and a portion goes to Missions General Fund
- The Other line is available for writing in Missionary’s names, or other items like Benevolent, School Deficit Reduction, Youth Scholarships, etc.
- Total at the bottom
- If you are low on giving envelopes mark the line that says “I need giving envelops”
- When writing a check to give to Missionaries etc, using a giving envelope makes it easier. Names can be written on the envelope
- When using On-Line Bill Pay, you must use a numeric code for Missionaries, those codes are listed here for your convenience
- You may give to the Sylvan Way Christian School directly or you may donate through the church by writing “SWCS” in the for line of your check, or by annotating it on your giving envelope
- Other funds may be donated to by writing the information on the for line of your check, noting it on your giving envelope or in the memo line of your on-line bill pay (Note-names of persons cannot appear on your check)
- Contact the Church office for the codes (they cannot be listed here for the protection of our Missionaries)
We love that you have questions! Please call, email, or come in so we can further serve you and your family.
900 Sylvan Way
Bremerton, WA. 98310
Email the office